Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb 10: December 3rd: Moment

This post is part of Reverb 10

December 3 – Moment.

Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

(Author: Ali Edwards)


This is an easy peasy one. Considering that I got married in 2010, it stands to reason that there is one moment that stood out from the others.

"I do."

I need to look at this from a different angle. I can't say it any better than right here. If you want details and pictures, I've already blogged this moment, and recently. Just in October I finally blogged the details of our big day, and the moment when James and I shared our vows was momentous.

I love Ali's prompt, though, because of her attention to detail.

(texture, smells, voices, noises, colors)

Texture...

The silk of my dress was getting heavy by the time we said our vows. I didn't realize this! I said to my photographer, "it feels like my dress is getting longer!" And she said back to me..."it is!" See, you learn something new every day.

Smells...

I loved the smell of our outdoor wedding. I ordered some perfume to be our wedding scent...I chose Vera Wang's Princess to wear that day and have it be my signature scent. However, I forgot to put it on. So what I smelled was... honeysuckle. From the honeysuckle bush beside the house. Lemon...because there were SO many lemons as part of our day. Fresh cut grass. It was truly amazing scent mixture.

Colors...

Pink and yellow, baby :) Since we were having an outdoor wedding, I wanted to be sure our day was filled with organic colors. Brown was our neutral, and everything else was pink and yellow...like a sunset! I kept calling it our 'strawberry lemonade' wedding.

We had a great wedding day, and the memories of that exact moment seem burned into my memory so precisely that it is hard to imagine ever forgetting any of it. But in case I ever do, I'm glad I have blog posts like this as backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment