Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb 10: December 28th: Achieve

December 28 – Achieve

What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

(Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)

Next year I want to achieve balance. I don't want to spend all my time doing one thing, or miss out on free time because I work too hard. Or stop blogging because my laundry is backed up. Or stop taking photos because I'm too busy working.

I think achieving balance is not a finite goal. It will always be a moving target, something I will constantly have to work on. Achieving balance every day, however, will make me feel blissful. It will make me feel relaxed. It will make me feel satisfied

What can I do to achieve balance today?

1. Schedule time, silly as that sounds, to do fun things.

2. Do not allow things to pile up. I am in control of choosing to procrastinate.

3. Choose to not procrastinate.

4. Release the thought that things have to be perfect.

5. Ask for help when I can't do it all.

6. Recognize the opportunity cost of doing one thing over the other.

7. Accepting less than I'd like...for instance, I'd like to work out for an hour, but maybe 30 minutes is all I have time for today if I want to fit other things in.

8. Remind myself daily to keep things in perspective.

9. Don't make mountains out of molehills.

10. Recognize time wasters..especially emotional ones, like sulking instead of talking things through. I don't want to waste time doing non-productive activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment