Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb 10: December 2nd: Writing


This post is part of Reverb 10

December 2
- Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)

I'm choosing to modify this prompt (as is within my rights LOL). I'm not a writer...well I'm a blogger but only casually so...so writing isn't really my passion. I'm going to modify this to say "scrapping" where "writing" is.

Scrapping isn't just a casual hobby for me. It's a passion that really only another scrapper can understand. I dream about it, I think about it every day, and occasionally make life modifications to support my hobby. Illustration: I read a journaling prompt about scrapping your bedtime routine. Normally I wouldn't photograph my kids' bedtime routine...but in this instance, in the name of art, I chase my children around with a camera one evening...pretending to be a photojournalist so that I can fulfill my scrapping desires :)

Nearly every other thing that I do every day...work, cleaning, sleeping, eating...gets in the way of my scrapping LOL! There really isn't anything I can do to clear out my schedule... I'm not giving up sleep or eating so that I can scrap.

What I *CAN* do, however, is make sure that I scrap some every day, even if it's only 1/2 a layout. I'm going to have to realize, going into the next year, that if I have to pull up a layout and leave it in progress for 2 days on my laptop, Paisley, that it's ok. Doing one layout over the course of three days is better than going for three weeks without scrapping before I have one full block of time to scrap with.

A lesson I can take away from this...is that all or nothing often leaves us with nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment