Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reverb 10: December 4th: Wonder

This post is part of Reverb 10

December 4 – Wonder.

How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

(Author: Jeffrey Davis)


This is a good prompt and my answer is two-fold.

The first thing I've done to cultivate wonder is to learn. I've read several books on several things, but the fact is I've come out on the other side more knowledgable. Some of the material was dry, but my new knowledge and experience is something no one can take from me! Nothing promotes wonder better than learning!

The second thing I did in 2010 to cultivate wonder is to take time to just 'be'. I can't tell you how many times James and I went to the Arboretum just to lay in the grass and stare at the clouds. It makes me feel small every time. We found a spot in Rockcastle County to lay on the hood of the car this summer and stare at the stars. And just since it has gotten bitter cold, we've spent plenty of time laying on the living room floor gazing at the fire in the fireplace. Taking time to just enjoy peace and allow your imagination to wander is awesome! I want to find even more time in 2011 to enjoy quiet moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment