Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reverb 10: December 19th: Healing

This post is part of Reverb 10.

December 19 – Healing.

What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?

(Author: Leonie Allan)

I had a hysterectomy on December 29th of last year so the first 3 months or more of 2010 were spent healing. What healed me was time and education. Understanding what was happening to my body, taking the time to heal my feelings. Knowing that the baby factory is closed forever is a tough pill to swallow but I'm fine. I really haven't gotten 'baby fever' at all, which is good. It's probably because I have my hands full! No one going through a hysterectomy and the aftermath of it wants to hear it...but time is what you needed. It took about 5 months for my hormone levels to level out to a point where I felt normal again. I distracted myself with other things and it happened while I wasn't paying attention! I read a few books on menopause and hysterectomies though, and that education helped me quite a bit!

In 2011 I'd like to continue healing old emotional wounds and not make any new ones! That's a lofty goal but I think it's a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment