Friday, December 31, 2010

Reverb 10: December 31st: Core Story

December 31 – Core Story

What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.)

(Author: Molly O’Neill)


My story is less of what I am, and more of what I'm not:

I am not "just" Parker's mom.

I am not "just" Naomi's mom.

I am not "just" Nathan's mom.

I am not just a mom of 3. I am not just an English teacher's wife. I am not just the chubby redhead. I am not the girl who used to be an aerobics instructor. I am not the goofy girl who doesn't embarass easily. I am not the girl who took 8 years to finish college. I am not the neat fanatic. I am not the chocolate fiend. I am not my hysterectomy. I am not my insecurities. I am not a couch potato. I am not my downfalls.

I am a tabula rasa every day.

I am compassionate and funny.

I am dynamic.

I am open-minded.

I am goofy.

I am on this road with all of you, just trying to stay true to myself and smile every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment