Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb 10: December 12th: Body Integration

This post is part of Reverb 10.

December 12 – Body Integration

This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

(Author: Patrick Reynolds)

On June 26th James and I got engaged. We had such a great evening...we took a walk at the Arboretum, had dinner at Applebees, had a cupcake from Gigi's Cupcakes...it was low-key, laidback, and romantic. At the end of the evening, we went for a swim in the apartment complex pool. No one else was there, but it wasn't closed for the night yet. It was relaxing and quiet and still. The water was still warm from the sun and the air was balmy. Normally I don't love being in a swimsuit..I don't think many overweight girls do. But since we were alone and no one was there to see...since the sun wasn't beating down on me, stressing me to the HILT about burn and skin cancer (regardless of sunblock!), I was able to just enjoy myself. I didn't think about what I looked like, or if I was getting a sunburn, or if my freckles were connecting :P . I was completely caught up in the moment, completely happy, and I wish every day could be like that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment