Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb 10: December 9th: Party

December 9 – Party

Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

(Author: Shauna Reid)

I'm not loving the idea of writing about our wedding...again. Don't get me wrong, I loved our wedding, but "the big post" I wrote about our wedding took me 6 hours to compose, and I just did so 6 weeks ago. I love re-reading it, but I don't really want to rehash it again.

That being said, I would be remiss if this weren't my choice for the prompt. We had a few get togethers this year...nothing fancy...a few birthday parties, tambien...

The wedding was, of course, the quintessential party for the year. Anytime you're feeding 50 of your closest friends, it counts.

So, I'll just itemize.

Describe the people-

Well, it was our favorite people of course.

Describe the music-

We burned a CD for some great romantic music but never got around to playing it. We had live music thanks to Matt Branham. He is one of Mr. G's closest friends and he has such a great voice!

Describe the food & drink-

Yummm. We had croissant sandwiches, pasta salad, shrimp, salad, chocolate covered strawberries, and fruit and veggie trays. We drank water, lemonade and strawberry lemonade.

Describe the clothes-

I wore white. ;)

And the shenanigans...well they were tame. We're not the whippersnappers we used to be ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment