Saturday, December 25, 2010

Reverb 10: December 25th: Photo

This post is part of Reverb 10.

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself

Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

(Author: Tracey Clark)

Photobucket

For many years there was never anyone around to photograph me when I needed a portrait. So, I think I've mastered the self portrait. It's always the same...hold out my arm, smile, snap, be overly critical of the shots, then edit the heck out of one of them until I'm not embarassed to share it. They all virtually look the same though.

This past June, I snapped this one. What is interesting about it...different than all the others, is not something I can really put into words. It's the expression on my face. It's so happy. I mean, purely carefree and happy. And it's true...I was immensely happy. Still am! And I didn't really have to do much editing for the photo to make me happy...which was a bit of a feat in itself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment