Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb 10: December 13th: Actions

This post is part of Reverb 10.

December 13 – Action

When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?

(Author: Scott Belsky)


In 2011 I want to do another 5K. I just completed my first 5K this past weekend. I walked the whole thing...which was the plan. I am proud of my accomplishment though...I didn't want to be last (I wasn't) and I wanted to walk it in less than an hour. My official race time was 51:45. Not bad for a walk!

In 2011, though, I want to do one where I actually run part of it. More than the last 200 yards :) My next step is easy, though. They make programs just for this! So I don't have to get too creative with my next step. My next step is to drop 20 lbs before I begin running at all. I'm working on that right now. After that is done, I'm going to start a Couch25K program. The idea behind losing weight first is just to help alleviate some of the pressure and stress on my joints...especially with my RA. This frame running wouldn't be very good for my joints. I know this!

However, I have a plan, and it's already in action. I'm planning to do my next 5K in the Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment