Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverb 10: December 15th: 5 minutes

This post is part of Reverb 10.

December 15 – 5 Minutes.

Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

(Author: Patti Digh)


I want to remember:


1. The pain of recovering from surgery. It was terrible but I can't forget all I went through to get me to a healthier place, free of cancerous cells and looking to the future.

2. The melancholoy winter months that helped me discover some of the most beautiful music on this Earth. (Iron & Wine, Katie Melua, Eva Cassidy to name a few).

3. My journey to become whole again and settle into a new normal. So much healing occured in 2010.

4. The awakening of Spring that included a point of no return in loving Mr. G and knowing I didn't want to be without him ever again.

5. The excitement of the Summer...busy planning a wedding; enjoying a creative burst of energy. Gazing at the stars and knowing they would disappear before your eyes if you stare too hard. Watching the clouds float by and breathing the pure air at the Arboretum.

6. Saying I Do.

7. Nesting a new home.

8. Taking a new job.

9. Making new friends, and missing old ones.

10. Finding comfort in happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment