Thursday, December 23, 2010

Reverb 10: December 23rd: New Name

This post is part of Reverb 10.

December 23 – New Name

Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?

(Author: Becca Wilcott)


This prompt was an easy one. I named my daughter Naomi, but I also really love the name! Sometimes I wish it were my name! It's classic and pretty and just unusual enough to be perfect. We get complimented on the name constantly and every time it reaffirms my love of the name.

That being said, introducing myself as my daughter would be kind of weird, and Princess Consuela Bananahammock is already taken, I'm back to the drawing board.

I like quirky and trendy and unusual names. If I got to keep a name only for a day, it would never reach that overused or dated point, so carpe diem right? I have a list of fun names I'd love to embody: Piper, Paisley, Ivy, Gwendolyn, Francesca, Dax, Lydia, Alexa, you name it. These are all names that please my ear and eye, but to others they'd be meh. Hey, if it's just one day, I could live with anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment