Friday, February 10, 2012

Lookie lookie--here comes.....Cupcakes :)



I have been so BLAH the last few weeks! Does anyone else have a sincere dislike for the month of January? It's so long and cold and dreary. 

But that's just the thing...it was kind of nice here in Lexington, KY. How about where you are? We spent some time outside, enjoying the unseasonably warm weather.

But I also joined Weight Watchers in January and don't think I've mentioned that, here. I'm enjoying it very much! I'm about to have my 6th weigh in on Monday. So far, I've lost 17 lbs and dropped a pant size! 

I'm not the best chef or anything, but I've been in the kitchen a LOT more thanks to WW, and have discovered some great recipes! I got the recipe for these cupcakes online elsewhere, but the icing is my own concoction...I'd love to share it with you now!

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

1 box of strawberry cake mix
8 oz of diet 7-up

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tins
Mix diet 7-up with strawberry cake mix, and pour into 18 cupcake liners.
Bake for 18 minutes

Topping:

4 oz Neufchatel cheese
1 cup Cool Whip--lite, regular or sugar free
3 packets of Splenda (optional)
sliced strawberries to garnish

Mix together 4 oz cheese, Splenda and 1 cup of Cool Whip using a hand mixer. *Note: You can use cream cheese instead but the Neufchatel is lower in points and point values are based on Nuefchatel. I tried using fat free Cool Whip and it did not whip up properly, but any of the other kinds are suitable and all have similar point values. Once these ingredients are mixed and cupcakes are cooled, spread topping on cupcakes and garnish with fresh strawberry slices. 

Yields 18, Points Plus per serving is 3PP for the cupcake and 1PP for the topping for a total of 4PP =)

Not only did I adore these, but so did my entire family! 

And with that, I'll leave you...and I'll try to not be such a stranger! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment