Saturday, November 12, 2011

Comfort Zone!

I have to share a few layouts that I recently completed...one of them totally pushed me out of my comfort zone!


I adore this layout for two reasons. 
1. I adore the girl in the layout
2. I adore the kit it was created with!




Now, that being said, that was where my comfort level ended. I used a template being offered up over at Scrap Orchard for a template challenge. It just had the tiny photo on it, the circle one. That's a beautiful way of scrapping, and the original layout was amazing, but I hate having such tiny photos! So, I modified it by adding a second photo on there that was a little large at least. It's important when you're scrapping to make things yours in that manner. It only takes a few touches to personalize your page. 


I'm working on my photography skills and I want to show off the photos when I get great ones. So I'm trending towards layouts like this one lately:


(using Elise's Pieces' Just Friends at The Digi Chick)

Now, I enjoyed creating both layouts, but my heart leaps for a large photo like that. I'm still glad I tried the first one though, because it's a good thing to get out of your comfort zone every now and then! 


Till next time, friends! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment